Thursday, September 20, 2012

Garden Symmetry

 
As I do every day after work, I checked our cherry tomato plants for ripe tomatoes. I spotted this symmetrical vine of green gems and remembered something I had read in a photography magazine a while back

 
The author of the article stated that a nature photographer should always keep an eye out for symmetry in nature as it always makes a good photograph. I did not have to look far to find this second example in the Sun Flower seed pattern. Apparently, most of the patterns in nature follow a very complicated mathematical formula that provides a commonality. We see it in leaves, blossoms, bird's feather patterns, and on and on. Watch for these patterns and you will be surprised how often you come across them. I believe they are a message to us that there is intelligence, and not randomness behind creation.

No comments: