Saturday, March 9, 2013

Feeling Nostalgic

 
I had a yen to go through some old photos last night and stopped at this one. I will tell you why in a minute.
 
This is my family, me on the far right, my mom and dad, and my four sisters. The year is 1964. My dad had just sold his business and after a big household goods auction sale, packed up the three youngest sisters and he and mom were on their way to their new home in BC. My oldest sister (far left) and me were attending a private boarding school a short drive from this location, my uncle's  farm near Osler, Saskatchewan. We would stay and finish the school year there and come later to BC. It was an exciting time, a big adventure and the start of a new life for all of us.
 
Why this photo now? There is one other person on the photo, an interloper. He is the little duffer with the great tan and the short haircut leaning against my dad's brand new 1964 Chrysler, just like his big cousin Terry. He is coming to my house for a visit next weekend. He's a big tough guy now and I will not mind a bit if he leans on my car.

No comments: