Friday, March 1, 2013

Fussy, Fussy

 
Here I am on my knees once again. I am not washing floors, installing baseboards, or looking for dust bunnies. Neither have I fallen and can't get up. I am putting the final touches to another wall of paper. There is almost always some interesting aspect to every job and this was no exception.
I got a panic call from the homeowner, saying that all the furniture had been moved, the paper had arrived, and then the paperhanger showed up and took one look at the paper and left. He said he could not handle the degree of difficulty.
I had work for only that morning, so, much to the delight of the customer, I said I could be there early afternoon. Two hours later I was done and everyone was happy.
Then I get a call and an email from the designer who said she has had a hand in the renovation of this house for the last year and she did not appreciate being "left out of the loop". By that, I assumed that she wanted the job to go through her so she could take her cut. I could be wrong but there is no disputing the fact that I was sought out and hired by the homeowner.  
After lengthy communications with her, it was all straightened out and everyone is happy, including Crown Wall Coverings who manufactures this particular product.
I will not go into detail, but suffice to say that I was glad I was in and out so quickly, and got paid immediately, because the customer was uber fussy. I still cannot believe I escaped before she found some reason to keep me there for a week, pointing out microscopic flaws in the paper, or making me clean up a piece of lint that fell off of my shirt.  

No comments: