Friday, April 26, 2013

Old and Worn Out

 
I was feeling a lot like this old pump tonight. (can you read the little sign?) I remember that style of gas pump from my childhood so I could be about as old as that thing. We found this defunct gas station in Boulder Utah and at the time I was feeling energetic and full of life. I knew that as soon as I got back home and started my work routine again, the photo would be appropriate.
 
And then I went to see my middle grandson's school production of 'Alice in Wonderland' last night. He was in the choir and they did a great job. The stage props and costumes were brilliant and things really started getting interesting in the second half of the performance. It was quite delightful and entertaining and by the end of the evening, I got my second wind and actually felt like I could 'pump' again. There is nothing like watching a bunch of enthusiastic kids enjoying themselves to help rejuvenate a tired old soul.  
 
Next production is 'The Sound of Music' coming in May. My oldest grandson is up to his thespian ways again, playing the part of the butler this time. It is a long ways away from the Tin Man in 'The Wizard of Oz'. It will be interesting to watch him change gears.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Probably the Coke you had at intermission perked you up!