Monday, June 1, 2015

Room With A View

 
My Google map showed me that the address was on the top of the north side of the mountain, but I was not prepared for the spectacular view when we got there. I thought I had explored all the nooks and crannies of our valley, but I had never been here before. The windows and the deck in this master bedroom were a step away and I had a difficult time keeping my eyes on my work.

 
The wallpaper was a non-pasted product and was a replica stone wall. It was amazingly accurate, right down to the reflective bits of mica in the stone. It was a joy to hang and the end result was exactly what the owner was trying to achieve.

 
The pattern was easy to match, and here is my partner, Andrew, doing the work while I take the photos. Usually it is the other way around.



And this was the view. The Fraser River is near flood stage so there is more than the usual amount of water in the valley. You can also see the air quality is not great. It has been many days since it has rained and the smog from Vancouver is building up in the eastern valley. Still, the view was great and I would love to wake up to this sight every morning.

No comments: