Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now

I spoke to a man a few years ago whose wife had just had laser eye surgery after a lifetime of very poor vision. A few days after the procedure, he came home from work to find his wife in the garden, standing there, weeping. Being very concerned, he rushed to her side to inquire about the cause of her tears. Fearing something had gone wrong with her vision, he was surprised and relieved to hear her reply. This is what she said to him. " A small summer shower just passed by and I came out to the garden to smell the fresh rain on the dry soil. When I stooped down to look more closely at the flowers, I saw the tiny droplets of water on the petals. I have never seen something like that in my entire life and I thought it was so beautiful that I could not help but cry."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all need to stop and spend time looking at the small beautiful things in life. Sometimes the huge problems overshadow what God wants to show us every day. Jan

Anonymous said...

I guess we all tend to take our sight for granted. A good reminder to us all to be grateful for our sight even if we have to wear glasses. Heidi