Saturday, April 19, 2008

Seeking

In my search for Spring beauty, camera in hand, I did not have to go far. These are the pure white delights that would greet you, should you come to our entry. Often that which we seek is right in our own back yard, or, as in this case, in our front garden. On these cold bleak days, these cheery white Osteospurmum (Star of the Veldt) are an inspiration.

There is a push to get on board with the '100 mile diet', an idea which would encourage us to eat only food produced within a 100 mile radius of our home. I have always prescribed to the idea of finding the beauty (photographically speaking) within a 100 mile radius of our home. There are exceptions, but mostly it has worked. Sophocles said: "Look and you will find it; what is unsought will go undetected."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers! They remind me of daisies...which are my favorites. :)