Monday, April 7, 2008

Tulip Anticipation

You just know it is going to hit any moment now. The sun is high, the days are long, and when this cold front moves on, we will be hit with a heat wave. Well, a warm spell, maybe. It might just be warm enough so we can complain about the 'heat'. After all, we will not be acclimatized. These poor tulips, who are so longing to break out, like cool weather, so when the heat hits, they will burst forth, and within days, will wilt and die. I might just slip out of the shade long enough to get a photo or two of them before they do that.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I have been checking my tulips everyday for weeks now. They are sooooo close to opening!

poof said...

Terry, speaking of wilting and so forth, I still haven't found those cards. And since they were nasty about getting old and such...well, I think I will give them to myself, since my memory is obviously not too good. :)