Friday, April 4, 2008

Rock Climber

I have hiked many mountain trails over the years, but would never consider myself a mountain climber or a rock climber. And yet, once a year there is a very large rock pile in my life that has to be scaled. There are many pitfalls, outcrops, crevasses, and few handholds, but somehow I make it to the top. Without safety ropes or harnesses, I have come to within a few feet of the crest, where, while peering over the precipitous edge, I see a cool drink and a relaxing hammock which awaits those who endure. On Monday, my accountant, who is an accomplished mountaineer, will haul me over the edge, I will pay him handsomely, and I will once more bask in the freedom from income tax worries, at least until next April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taxman, or exams, or health or relationships are all mountains to climb. Courage and determination and faith help us overcome and succeed. What an achievement! Jan

Terry said...

Yes, there are many mountains to climb in life. The tax one is just distasteful, has to be done every year, and I pay both the accountant and the government when the job is finally done. After all that grief and agony, someone should be paying ME!