Friday, May 9, 2008

Fill 'er Up

Is it my imagination, or is there just a wee bit less traffic on the road these days. The nature of my business does not give me much leeway for conserving gas, but I do plan my trips more carefully now. Our evening out tonight was walking distance, so we did. Next weekend there is a necessary trip to the interior but otherwise, we will be lying a bit lower than usual this summer. The price of gas will get a lot higher. I read a report that many Americans are selling their 'stuff' so they can afford to drive. The world is changing and we had better get used to it. Actually, I am longing for the day when the Arab sheiks who drive diamond studded Mercedes revert back to travelling on a flea bitten camel.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm suddenly more sure of my decision to let the boys ride the bus again next year from school. I think that at even $60 per month it will save us gas money.