Monday, May 19, 2008

Lending a Hand


As some of you may know, I was very conflicted this long weekend. Last year at this time, we hosted a successful garage sale whose purpose was to raise funds for an orphanage in Tanzania, Africa. I so looked forward to repeating that rewarding experience this spring, but last October our extended family planned a big work weekend for our lake property in the Okanagan. I was put in charge of that project and when it was determined that the best weekend for the garage sale was the same date as the 'work bee', I had no choice but to meet the family obligation and leave the garage sale in the capable hands of others. Good thing I did. They did so much better without me! The Mwanza Orphanage has grown from 10 to 50 boys, just this year, who have been rescued form abuse and oppressive poverty. Thanks to all who participated in both big and small ways. May God bless you all.

No comments: