Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today's Surprise


As I was crunching on my Mini Wheats this morning, I was reading about the surprises that Life throws our way. We do not ask for them, they just come. Moments later, a phone call revealed a bad surprise and my day got off to a really bad start. Fortunately, mistakes in my line of work can always be rectified, but usually at my expense. With a reluctant smile on my face, I dropped the priority tasks of the day and went and did damage repair. Not only did I get an extra pleasant response for my promptness, but I made, quite by accident, two new contacts for some very lucrative contracts, right there while I was 'working for nothing'. The good surprise far outweighed the bad surprise. I would like to think that it was because of the lesson I had just learned while eating my breakfast, and it wasn't from the back of the cereal box.

No comments: