Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Moving on From Tulips


When I was in the first grade, the very first craft I ever did was with lollipops, crepe paper, and wire. The green paper was wound around the lollipop stick, and the red crepe paper was cut into ovals and wrapped around the base of the candy. When the red paper was cupped and stretched a little, darned if that little creation didn't look just exactly like a Tulip! It was the first flower I knew the name of, even though I had never seen one, and there was a reward after taking it home to show my mother, who by the way, was very proud of me. I got to eat it. No wonder it became my favourite flower. As you can see in the above photo, there are not really little candies at the convergence of the petals, but I still think of those lollipops every time I see a Tulip. Now, I promise, this is the last Tulip picture for a while, a long while. As you can see, they are all dead now and rotting petals are not photogenic.

No comments: