Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Day Filled with Joy and Relief

Mt. Robson  July 2010

I receive daily news up-dates from my favourite radio station, CKNW and I was overjoyed to read a news headline yesterday. I have been living in fear for so long now over this issue that I was suffering from sleep deprivation. The whole world has been 'on hold' so to speak, because of anxiety, and it has been going on for so long now that most have forgotten about it, but still, there has been this lingering feeling of horror whenever the subject is broached. But now it is over. The spokesperson, from the WHO (World Health Organisation) no less, has stated that we have had "pure luck on our side" (is there impure luck). By now you are probably shaking in your boots wondering what I am referring to. In case you did not know, the world wide Swine Flu Pandemic is now officially over. Yes, my friends, tears of relief and joy are in order. Now that we no longer have to live in fear, we can talk about it rationally. It was the greatest fear mongering out pouring of propaganda (next to anthropogenic global warming) in my lifetime. I believe it was perpetrated on us by big Pharma. Just follow the money and you cannot disagree. If you think this did not impact your pocketbook because like me, you did not buy a 'flu shot', think again. Our governments bought hundreds of millions of dollars worth of this controversial vaccine and ended up throwing most of it away. That was our tax dollars at work, paying the drug companies who put the fear in us using the WHO as their spokesperson. But now we can rest easy, at least until the next pandemic, which might be real, but who is going to believe that. Watch for it, coming this winter.     

4 comments:

Gaye said...

Yes, we can breathe easy.
However, there is a world pandemic coming, no doubt about that. But now, having cried wolf, who will take it seriously when it does come.

Rachel said...

I felt sorry for all those poor suckers who got a vaccination without long term studies to prove their safety.

Eric Vogt said...

Though a little unrelated, I love this landscape of Mt. Robson!

Terry said...

Yes, VERY unrelated, but then a lot of my post are that way. I do not like to have a post without a photo.