Monday, August 2, 2010

More Cousins



Cousin Arnie Boldt's wife Inge, cousin Dale from Winnipeg, cousin Linda, and Aunt Kathy.
Cousin Robin with the Off mosquito repellent.

Cousin Lyle (Linda's husband) and brother-in-law Walt.

The gathering was also open to children of cousins and it was great to see a large contingent of them interested enough to come. I had the opportunity to get to know a few of these youngsters and I was impressed. Many of them were genuinely interested in family history even at their young age.

Cousin Arnie was our auctioneer for the fund raising auction to raise money to defray costs of the weekend. His assistants are Aunt Kathy and Bruce's lovely daughter Erin who I go to know very well as we shared stories of RJC (Rosthern Junior College). She is graduating from there this year and I attended there in '63-'64. We raised $200 more than we needed so a donation was made to the Cemetery Fund where about a third of the gravestones say "Boldt".
 
My Great Grandparents on my mother's side, J.J. and Susana Boldt

Grandfather J.B.Boldt

Grandmother Margaret Boldt

Aunt Kathy's husband, Garry, Bruce, Howard, and Laura's dad who died tragically during a routine appendectomy.

My mother's little sister who died before my mother was born. My mother was named after this little one.

The cemetery was falling into disrepair so $30,000.00 worth of renovations have been carried out and for a small church that is a heavy load. We were happy to help out in a small way. There are many other of my relatives buried here. This is also at the church where my mom and dad were married.

No comments: