Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Projects

Ever since we replaced our windows in winter, I have been anxious to repaint the siding on the house. On Thursday I finally got the paint and just did it. The siding was stark white like the window frames and is now Bar Harbour Beige, a soft warm, friendly colour that goes with brick, the green trim, and the new red door.
I painted the whole door assembly red and it was bothering us that it looked like a dark hole from the street. We kept the red and I just re-painted the trim around the door and side lights the same colour as the siding. We like it better now.
And, one more little thing that bothered me ever since the old door was removed was the gap of unfinished concrete that was exposed when the larger sill of the old door was removed. The fresh grey strip you see is the concrete I trowelled into the gap. It is now bug proof, water proof and flush with the porch. It is not the right colour so true to fashion, one project leads to another and I may just end up staining or painting all the concrete on the steps. I am reluctant to do this as it means constant maintenance for the future. My better idea is to get a larger welcome mat and shove it up against the new door sill.  

No comments: