Monday, August 30, 2010

The New Work Truck

My new Redfire Mazda B2300 is finally complete. The last of the bells and whistles were installed on Friday and the faulty tire pressure sensor was replaced.
The new Leer canopy is a perfect colour match with the same metallic sparkle in the sunlight. It has a pass through window up front, tinted glass all around, large slider windows, a wired brake light, cloth lining inside, and two locking handles on the hatch. 
 
These Thule locking adjustable roof racks are strong enough to carry my ladders, planks, or my canoe.
I now have a proper hitch but I will still not be able to pull three G's like I did in the Corvette. I am also enjoying power steering, four wheel anti lock disc brakes, traction control, and a decent sound system, all things I did not have in the old truck.
It looks enough like my old Mazda so most people will not notice the change. It is shorter and that is presenting some problems but other than that I am very happy with it.
Well, I do have another beef. Why does CAP-IT, the supplier for Leer, have to put such a honkin' big logo on my truck. I am now a rolling billboard for this company. They should be paying me to do all this cross town advertising for them.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

If you had thought of it in advance you can ask for 'no logo'.
We did that on our Honda. Please no dealship stickers or logos!

Anonymous said...

I think by now you must be almost glad about the accident. Looks pretty good. Give me a ride in your car car. :-)
Sis Chris

Kori's House said...

Very nice ride!
I will not be showing Roger this post. He thinks he needs a new mazda himself :)