Friday, October 15, 2010

Anniversary and Birthday

On October 2 of this year, busylizzy and I were married 40 years. It was back in the days of grainy film cameras. I remember it like it was yesterday and that is why it seems like it was yesterday, the last forty years being a rapid blur. Without the old photos, some of the memories would fade, but the fact would remain that we are still together and that would imply that it was a good decision. And it was.

Our first few years were spent in Ocean Falls (see tag "Ocean Falls" on the sidebar if you are interested to take a peak into those years) They were good years but were soon over and we came back 'Home'.

There were struggles both financially and in our learning to understand each other, but the addition of these two cuties was a tremendous glue in our marriage and a joy in our everyday lives.

We even got away together to do some camping, something we vowed we would never do again after the fiasco of our cross Canada camping trip when we had three dry days in 4 weeks of tenting. This time we had a van and it was waterproof.

I could go on and on with the random photos and stories but because it is now busylizzy's birthday, I just wanted to remind myself of the true treasure she is. She is a beautiful woman inside and out, a steady helpmate, a wonderful mother, a dedicated and doting grandmother, a generous woman with both her money, time, talent, and love, and I just want to wish her a Happy Birthday and let her know that I appreciate her so much.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That was lovely! Pa...I didn't know you had it in you :)

poof said...

Brother! I remember you that way like it was just last century.