Monday, October 4, 2010

A Brief Reprieve

This week we are leaving the very large project we have been on, forever, and are going to another job for a week or so. A change of pace will be good and the commute will be much longer, which I do not mind so much. I am more convinced than ever that I could never have survived going to the same location for work day after day, month after month, year after year. I need variety if for no other reason than to keep my sanity. Also, I really like finished business, a beginning and an end to the work, and then to move on to another challenge or opportunity. There is security in working a long job, but I gladly trade that security for variety. 
Today I begin a new feature on "terryography" blogspot. I will have a quote of the day, or rather, everytime I post, I will have a quote or pithy saying or some other such one liner. That way, if the fluff that spews forth from my keyboard bores you, as it usually does me, at least you can log on to get a one liner that you can learn from, or laugh at, or groan at, or whatever you want to do with. 

"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon, and then it is time for my nap."  Bob Hope at age 95 

No comments: