Friday, October 8, 2010

Take a Picture to Remember


The photo was shot at Whiterock Beach a while back. The glare of the sun during the day washed out all colour and there was no contrast or depth to any vegetation along the beach. It was stark and uninspiring. Then the sun began to set and as the rays were bent through the atmosphere, they took on a warm hue and suddenly everything was bathed in a warm glow. I began to see everything as more beautiful and with more possibility. It changed my understanding and my perspective. I needed to take a photo so I would not forget the moment.

We have a friend who has been diagnosed with multiple cancer sites throughout her body. The situation is stark and uninspiring. There seems to be little hope. The scene is bleak and depressing. And then we see her beaming face, a face full of hope and faith and a declaration that she is not afraid to die, but prays for healing. Whether in this life or the next, she says, she will be healed so there is no worst case scenario. Suddenly everything is bathed in a warm glow. Everything is seen through a new light and with new and inspiring possibilities. It completely changes my understanding and perspective. I need to take a picture of this kind of thinking for the time when I am faced with this kind of reality.  



On Him we have set our Hope that he may continue to deliver us.    2 Corinthians 1:10

No comments: