Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Back

The Robins are back! Can Spring be far behind?

Yes, I am back, and you did not even know that I was gone. I had a near death experience on Friday, or at least my computer did. It was the moment that everyone fears, the moment when the computer freezes and there is nothing one can do to breath life back into the cold and frigid veins (circuits). I was about to call Henderson's funeral Home and then arrange for a memorial service, when to the rescue came the best techie guy west of the Rockies.
He declared that it was not good news. At first I thought he meant that I had lost all my files and 'stuff'. "No, we can recover that, but then we have to reformat the hard drive and re-install your operating system and all the programs that you were running."
Long story short, 10 hours later, everything was running again. I am still muddling through all the settings and preferences but I think it will be OK.
The cause? Who knows. We only have ideas and suspicions, but the important thing is that new life has been breathed into my link to the world and I am again 'connected'.
Eldon, you are awesome.

No comments: