Friday, June 24, 2011

The Deal


Prime Minister Harper: Hey Gordy, tell you what. Right after you get elected, spring the HST on the people of BC. We will both make a lot of money.

Premiere Gordon Campbell: I cannot do that Steve, it would be dishonest. I did not have that agenda in my election platform.

Steve: Hey, that never stopped a good politician from doing what is good for the country. How about I sweeten the deal. I will transfer a billion or so to BC. We will make that back in no time even though we will tell the people it is revenue neutral.

Gordon: The voters in BC are not stupid. I could probably lose my job over this. I don't think it's worth it.

Steve: OK. Here's my final offer. If you lose your job, I will give you a plum. The sweetest assignment a politician could want and it even pays more than what you are getting now. You will get to live in England, have your own chef and chauffeur, a really nice residence, get to hobnob with Queen Lizzy, and drink all the warm Guinness Ale your heart desires. I'll make you ambassador to Great Britain or whatever they call it.

Gordon: Did you say Guinness?  I'm in!   



No comments: