Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We Lose ..... Again

It was fun thinking we could actually win the Stanley Cup. In the end, it came down to goal tending. If Tim Thomas had been a wee bit less efficient, and Roberto Luongo a wee bit more efficient, we would have won. I think that overall, we were the better team. As in other games of this best of seven series, the team that scored the first goal, won the game and try as we might, we could not get the puck past Tim Thomas.
Now we get our lives away from hockey and back to normal. But what is normal? Hockey has become normal. We will have to re-invent normal. For starters, I could tackle the huge 'to do' list staring at me on my desk. We could maybe work an actual 8 hour day for a change. I could re-introduce myself to busylizzy. I could get outside for some fresh air for a change. I could have an intelligent conversation with my customers that does not include the word 'playoff' or 'Canuck'.  But first things first. I will go into a prolonged period of mourning and contemplate next season and if I will be willing to wait another forty years for a crack at the cup.  

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That piece of chocolate cake for you this afternoon was a pre-hockey loss pacifier.

Terry said...

It worked. I am quite calm now, about the loss, but now I am very upset about the riots. I will need another piece of cake tomorrow.

On This Rock said...

We need a piece of cake too. We were sitting in the hotel lounge in Amsterdam and couldn't believe that the approx 30 people in the Marriott Executive Lounge could see and were responding to the riots in Vancouver (CNN)...totally embarrassing...we almost had to stop speaking English, or speaking at all....yikes...we need cake.......