Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Seven Hour Project

 
I got a panic call from a guy who said he had been searching for a paper hanger forever. Two sources told him that I was the only guy in town. That may or may not be true, but I helped him out as soon as I could. He was ever so grateful.

 
The feature wall in the master bedroom had this antiqued washed look in the gold on green pattern. The light was bad for the photo, but it looked quite nice.


 
This is the media room in the bunker under the double garage. It is Martha Stewart paintable Anaglypta style wallpaper with a very nice pattern. It was excellent quality, easy to hang, and the finished product, painted a blue grey, was very nice with the indirect lighting in the coffered ceiling.
 
 

 
The main bathroom on the upper level was done in black and white, all the rage these days. Every corner was almost an inch out of square and we lost a lot of pattern as we went around the corners. Fortunately the pattern hid the crookedness.


 
The day I went to check out the job, I was walking up the poorly lit stair well and cracked my head really good on some scaffolding at the top of the stairs. Since then, I have had problems with my neck. I went to my UCCA (Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association) doctor and he started treatments today. I will have not nearly made enough profit on this job to correct the damage I did before I even started it. My first treatment was $100.00!

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Ouch and double ouch!