Saturday, February 23, 2013

Double the Heat

 
Friday morning I got a call from a very thoughtful person, my daughter, offering me a couple of free tickets to the Abbotsford Heat game. (Our AHL or American Hockey League team) I thought it would be a great way to spend the evening and would not normally blog about it, but a couple of coincidences happened soon after.
We were working at the town house complex almost next door to the arena and after asking nicely, our client consented to letting us park at his place, in his gated community, for free.
Then as I was picking up a few supplies over the noon hour, I was offered two more free tickets to the Heat game, but this time for Saturday night, not Friday. I declined as I am not that big fan to want to do this two nights in a row.
So we had a nice evening, me, my son, my son-in-law, and one of my grandsons. I try to get in a game or two each year, but this time I had to forgo the Canuck's game on TV. The nice thing about watching hockey on TV is that I get to control the volume which can be a dangerous assault on the ears in the arena, and I don't have to put up with the odour of beer and the gang of partying teenagers behind me who are totally oblivious to the fact that there is a hockey game going on in front of them.
Oh, and by the way. Our team lost 5-1. And the game I missed? My Canucks won 1-0!  Yes, a good night.

No comments: