Monday, February 4, 2013

Talent (Not)

 
I am finding all sorts of goodies as I clean out a corner of my closet. Here we have evidence of a large part of my childhood, one that I did not enjoy or appreciate. I wrote a piece about it here if you are interested in the historical background of this important set of documents. These first two images are of the report card that the Toronto Royal Conservatory examiner filled out as he tested my ability (or inability) to play the piano to a grade four level. He was kind and compassionate and gave me a 70, just barely good enough for an honours mark. If you can decipher his comments, they are basically saying that I am rigid and am not having fun. If you read the post I wrote on this subject here , you will understand why.

 
The long and short of it, is that I did get the diploma and made my parents proud. As for me, well, lets just say that like the high school diploma, that and $1.37 will get me a cup of Tim Horton's coffee.


No comments: