Saturday, July 27, 2013

Follow-up

 
Just a follow-up to my post of a few days ago. The client called quite late in the evening and I met her at her condo where she did pay me. She had a few friends in to see the new décor and I was given praise for what they thought was a great job. That is rewarding because I did the colour scheme as well as the work. There was a faint promise of more work to come, for the client's friend.  
 
There have been few times in my many years as a contractor that I have had a bad debt. It was one of the reasons that I got out of new construction and concentrated on re-decoration. In re-decoration there is a budget, and agreed upon price, and the client is looking forward to new and great things when the project is over. They willingly pay. When doing commercial or new construction, the company will at times have a financial problem and the last guys on the job get the shaft. I was dinged good a few times, but fortunately not often.

No comments: