Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let's Compare Sunsets

I know it is not fair, but so what? The best sunset in Yuma is burned in my memory, and unfortunately, not on my hard drive. I didn't have my camera with me. This one will have to do.
This is my representation of an Arizona Sunset. Sorry, no cactus.

California sunsets can be spectacular due to all the pollution around the larger cities. Here we were, in the middle of nowhere, no polution, no smokey fires, only jet trails.
My vote goes for the Mexican sunsets. They were great every night. Probably because of the LA pollution sloshing southward.
One of Hawaii's trademarks is her sunsets. They are pretty good, but usually only when a storm is coming the next day, which puts a damper (no pun intended) on one's holiday.
The Fraser Valley can have it's moments too, but unless you live on a high ridge somewhere, you just don't get to see enough sky to appreciate the light show.

Let me know where your favourite sunsets are and send me an email picture and I will post it here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that Mexico is spectacular. Hawaii sunsets can take away your breath....but on the other hand, Greendale is not too shabby either....

E

Terry said...

Oh dear. I forgot Greendale. What was I thinking?

Rachel said...

I'm not well travelled enough...sigh.