Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sail Away

It is a combination of winter blues and a time of contemplating an early retirement that draws me to post a photo of sailing in the warm South Pacific Ocean. This image is a stylized and somewhat abstract version of the real thing, something like my idea of retirement. Like anything in life that we look forward too for a long period of time, the reality gets a little blurred and romanticized. It oftens looks quite different when our faces are right up against it. Add to that a message in church this morning that has me thinking. Some of my readers will know what I am talking about.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yep, I get what you are talking about.
I think that being lazy and laying around beaches would get old after a while. A sense of purpose would still be necessary after retirement, methinks.

poof said...

Yes, one gets in this mood after one returns from one's sunny holiday, don't one? I find if one thinks of temperatures in other places today (like Grande Prairie's windchill of 50 below C), one doesn't feel quite so sorry for one's self. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like retirement could just be a name for a different kind of work...yup, that is the message that I got as well...

e