Saturday, September 13, 2008

Election Gem #9

LIBERAL LEADER STEPHANE DIONE TOLD A GROUP OF ABOUT 500 MOSTLY INDO-CANADIAN SUPPORTERS IN SURREY HE WOULD ISSUE AN APOLOGY FOR THE 1914 KOMAGATA MARU INCIDENT IN THE HOUSE OF COMMONS.

Mr. Harper apologised a few months ago in front of an Indo-Canadian audience in Surrey. It was not good enough for them and they wanted to see the apology done in Parliament. How better to buy votes than for Stephane to now promise them what they wanted, only this time doing it their way! We have all been wronged by our government at one point or another in our lives and maybe we should all get an apology. I have decided I will vote for the party who apologises for perpetuating income tax when it was originally introduced as a temporary measure to help out with the WW II effort. I am deeply and profoundly offended.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Pass the tissues to Terry.

Terry said...

My tongue was in my cheek when I said I was offended.