Thursday, September 11, 2008

Trumpet Vine


Trumpet Vine (Campsis Radicans) also called Trumpet Flower, Devil's Shoestring, or Foxglove Vine. It is drought tolerant, winter hardy, blooms profusely in the sunshine, and is a favourite of Hummingbirds and Butterflies. The wind was waving the branches so it was difficult to take a focused shot, but finally I got lucky and with the sky as a backdrop, the colour and shape of the blossoms shows up well. The plant it self is very dense and green and isolated blossoms are difficult to find. Just another flower that does really well in desert conditions. There is so much beauty around us if we only take the time to open our eyes.

1 comment:

momma read said...

Well, I thought I would encourage you! I like your pics and the reading was worth it too. (slow internet) my husband and I have been very active in the politics this year too, so I like reading others views. visit at www.farmgirlliving.blogspot.com