Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Windows and Doors


The saga of the windows and doors continues. The time promised for a call back to install the last window and door has long gone. The Home Renovation Tax credit deadline looms. Having been in the home renovation business myself for 35 years, I know the value of integrity and a word trusted. I am at times taken aback by the surprised looks on my customer's faces when I do what I say I am going to do and when I come when I say I am going to come. Keeping one's word seems to be a rare commodity these days.
There is yet to be installed, one patio slider door, and one kitchen entry door. The door that is in that opening now is two inches too short and needs replacing. I cannot understand why they are dilly dallying because I am withholding a lot of money. I do not for one minute believe that these guys are dishonest, but perhaps the problem is that they are a rapidly growing company and they are not able to keep up with the growth. It would be wise for them to not forget one of the fundamentals of business and that is a totally happy customer. That, in return, will bring them the best advertising that there is and that is 'word of mouth' advertising. At the rate these guys are going with me, they are soon going to get some 'word of mouth' advertising from me, but it will not be of the desirable variety.

No comments: