Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Interruption


I was in the middle of a stressful job Monday afternoon. I was grouting the tile I have installed in the kitchen and it was getting away from me a bit. Good thing I mixed only a small batch. The door bell rang and I was about to fire off a few expletives to the salesman I thought it might be. We have been getting a few of them lately. Before I could clean my hands and go to the door, a friendly voice called from the front entry and it was my grandson Liam. Well, not HIS voice, but his mom's. You see, he brought her along. A few minutes later I was taking a Liam break, holding him and watching him smile at me. Ya, I know, I look funny. I get such joy seeing him about once a week and being amazed at how much he is changing. I have to hold him and talk to him at least that often or he will forget me and I will become a stranger. A few minutes later they were gone and I was back to my grouting.
Strange how the rest of the afternoon went so much better.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ah, these little interruptions are indeed the most favorable kind. I can hardly wait to see my grandsons, I miss them so! I love the photo of the birdhouse :)

Rachel said...

You're welcome!