Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Old Blue Bicycle


This photo has nothing to do with my post for today. I just did not want to start in with Christmas theme photos just yet. But we did start our Christmas feasting last night. Now that one of us is employed by a rather large organization, we are tapping into some benefits. Our extended medical/dental etc will kick in any day now, and another perk was being invited to the Annual Christmas Banquet held in appreciation for the management and staff. I do not know if we have ever attended one of these before because we have always been either self employed or worked for a firm that only had a small dinner for staff without spouses. We had a great time and had a lot of laughs. I met some co-workers of Lis's, and saw some people from my past. The food was great and overall we had a good time. They are bunch of good people and as always, meeting new people is a pure joy.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Ahh.. good food and good friends, isn't is awesome?!

Rachel said...

I was at my office Christmas party last night too! Good food and great company. Sure was nice to get away from the 'boys' for a few hours :)