Friday, December 26, 2008

Open Letter to God

Dear God: After hearing the songs of your people since the last week of November (I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas), we thank you for answering our prayers and dreams. The hills and side streets are laden with snow from your bounteous storehouses and we thank you.
We thank you for the beauty that now surrounds us and for the health and strength to pile it high beside the driveway. The crisp clean air is invigorating as we praise you for causing the cars and trucks to cease their driving and polluting, even if it means we too can no longer travel.

And as we think of tomorrow, even though you have advised us that we need not worry about tomorrow, we would ask, nay, beseech you Lord, that you would see fit to send the snow elsewhere.


We get it Lord. You have showed us in a very clear way that you are in control, that we, mere mortals, are not capable of changing the weather. If we were, would we have dumped all this snow on ourselves? So I ask, Lord, for the sake of my sore back, and my arthritic hip, that you would send no more snow to shower down upon us. It is falling on the just and the unjust and that does not seem to be fair. And one more thing. Thank you for my neighbour whom you chose to be blessed with a Bobcat, and furthermore, that you chose to bestow upon him a generous and compassionate heart, for he has cleared the road in front of my house once again. I am sure he has prevented a cardiac event in this humble servant of yours. Bless him and his family.
Amen



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! It appears that your neighborhood has been more blessed than we in the east. However, no one is clearing our roads...or my driveway...even though there is a bobcat close by that is kept busy elsewhere as the wind is our bigger challenge. We will pray alongside...as we too could use some sunshine!

poof said...

I've certainly enjoyed your recent blog posts Terry...more than usual. Greetings (and sincerest sympathies) from southern California. I must go and tend to my sunburn now...