Monday, December 22, 2008

Sleepover

Friday night we had our two grandsons to do with what we wanted. After rejecting the idea of taking them to the Thrift Store (and leaving them there) (hey, I'm just kidding, I wanted to leave Lis there,) (hey I'm just kidding, they know me there too well because of all the Christmas shopping I did there) (hey, I'm just kidding, OK?) we ended up doing some Christmas shopping at the mall. Now I know why I only go to the mall once a year. We did meet some lovely friends there and actually bought a few things. This is unusual because when Lis and I go shopping, we do just that. Shopping is not necessarily buying.
Anyway, after all that strenuous work, us guys were ready for some hearty food so we all went to Chad's "best restaurant in the whole world, White Spot" and had burgers and "pirate paks".
After a night of movies, popcorn, and computer games, we hit the sack but were up bright and early for the Christmas Program rehearsal for the kids at church. But before heading out, Lis threw us a 'waffle party'. Living like kings the way we did, makes me think that we should have them over for night more often.



5 comments:

Susan said...

It sounds like you and Lis had a great time with the grands. And those waffles look heavenly... made me long for some (it's been a while since I've enjoyed a batch of waffles).

Rachel said...

I know you are a true blogger because you took food pictures in a restaurant!
The boys had such a wonderful time.
We were able to go out for dinner as well and I was happy to have Chinese food...yum!
I guess this all explains why you are taking them overnight again tomorrow :)

Terry said...

If a 'true blogger' qualifies himself/herself by taking pictures of food in a restaurant, then I still do not qualify. If you do not see the 'terryography' logo on the photo, it is not mine. I borrowed these from the internet. I will admit, though, that I did take a picture of my lunch yesterday. So I guess I am more or less half way there.

Anonymous said...

But where is the whipping cream? or ice cream?

Terry said...

Ours had Whipped Cream, peaches and/or strawberries, and for those who like it, a dab of cottage cheese and plenty of Maple Syrup. I really should have taken pictures of ours but I was too intent on filling my face. Next time.