Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow and More Snow

This is being written on Sunday, Dec 21. We had a few inches of snow last night and more is coming as I write. Four more inches are supposed to arrive by evening. What a beautiful morning and as it turned out, it was a good decision to take in the Kid's Choir program at church last night (Saturday). If you dare enlarge the photo of me, you will see a look on my face that says, " Alright already, so hit the shutter".
Here is my Snow Slave who voluntarily came out to help. It would have been better if she had come out before I was finished. We went for a walk in the snow afterward and both commented that it was like walking on the beach at Banderas Bay in Puerto Vallarta. The consistency of the snow and the depth at which our feet sank and slid back, were similar. What was not similar was the temperature. ( about 36 degrees Celsius difference)

Our wonderful neighbours were out a bit earlier than us, and helped shovel our sidewalk. They are very giving people. We could not return the favour because their driveway was already cleaned off, so we went to the neighbours on the other side and cleaned off their driveway and sidewalks.


3 comments:

Susan said...

As I said in a previous post, I don't covet your snow shovels... Hahaha. However, I wouldn't mind spending just a day or two looking at the snow and perhaps even playing in it or building a snowman. But... only a day or two. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,

I am not seeing my comment. What is WITH THIS THING!!

JAN

Anonymous said...

AH THERE IT IS!

Okay, I'm anonymous, but I'm not. I'm trying to figure this Google Account thing. Apparently I have 14 usernames, what is with that? I need to speak to someone techy about this.

Anyways, as I was saying, in my post that did not get posted...hsssss... how is Liam today? I am praying for the little bum. Big hugs from Aunty Bagface, the weather has turned me into a regular eccentric old cat lady...grrr..hisssss... it is raining on the mush over here.

Butterfly kisses and bear hugs to Liam. I hope he gets better FAST!

Love,
Janderson