Wednesday, December 3, 2008

No Acrylic Bath Tub Here

Abandoned house in the Nicola Valley



In a story I posted a while back, I recounted incidents where I broke things in the course of doing my work. I was hoping that the story would require no more input, but, alas, I was wrong. On Friday, I was working in a very cramped corner of an en suite in an extremely opulent house when a tool slipped out of my hand and gently 'tapped' the edge of a free standing acrylic soaker tub. The house is new and the owner had just moved in hours ago. A nasty chunk of acrylic broke free and after scouring the room for the piece, I finally found it, but it was not complete. A sliver was still missing. Regardless, I could not hide the fact that I had done damage so I immediately went to the lady of the house and confessed my sin. Had she been a priest, I would have been absolved and that would have been that. She took a look and did not say much except that they would look after it. I insisted that I make it right, whether repair or replacement was justified. Later, when I got home from work, we looked up the model and style on the Internet and discovered that that tub is worth $3800.00 plus installation! I will keep you informed.
Why doesn't everyone just bathe in an old tin tub like they used to do when this abandoned house was a home?

2 comments:

Susan said...

Ut oh... sorry to hear about your mishap Terry. I hope it works out well for you. That would be my luck too !!!

Susan said...

I read your response to my recent blog entry... soooo you're guilty of peeking too, huh? LOL, aren't we all at one time or another?