Saturday, June 12, 2010

Can You Tell The Difference?

When I read this in the morning paper, I just had to post it. In fact, I had to create a new label just for this kind of thing, called 'Stupidity'.

Apparently, two young fellows were driving down the road right here in our little city and several people called 911 to report that a man was brandishing a gun or "perhaps a replica gun" out the window of a passing car. The police apprehended the would be criminals and gave them a good talking to, a warning you might say. So what was it, actually, the young man was waving out the window of the car? A banana! Hey, I don't make this stuff up. This is the new reality when paranoia rules. I am confidant that the police officers involved have had adequate training in determining the difference between a gun and a banana. If not, somebody could have got shot, and not with a banana.

Please study these two photos very carefully. I am providing a vital public service here in that I am showing all my readers what the difference is between a gun and a banana. For those of you who are not sure, the photo ABOVE is a gun. The photo BELOW is a banana. Oh, and don't go waving any fruit out of your car window or you may get taken down by the SWAT Team.





2 comments:

Carla said...

But what if the banana bearing bandit wears a bandana?

Terry said...

Now you are clouding the issue. :)