Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mansion On The Hill

This is one of the many large estate homes that are popping up like mushrooms in the rural areas of our part of the valley. These properties were sought after when the valley was first being developed and recently they are being purchased by the wealthy and the original homes, which were mostly very modest in nature, are being replaced with what I call mansions. They exude wealth and success, are always gated and often are somewhat isolated and hard to get to. I knew the owners of this home before they built it. Soon after they moved in, they asked me to hang some wallpaper in the study. It is the only work I did here, but I was certainly impressed with the quality of the house. I like these people. They do not flaunt their wealth, but are down to earth and personable. I got a good lesson in raising Rottweilers while here and found it quite interesting. One needs a guard dog living like this.

No comments: