Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Early Days

It was in the early days that I became familiar with this house and its owners. The couple was newly wed and they were in their mid sixties. The home was getting an up-grade for the sake of the new bride. There was too much about it to remind them of the now deceased first wife. It was here that I met a couple, Irwin and Margaret, who were the top wallpaper hangers in town. It was before I was doing a lot of it and I marvelled at how they worked together. Little did I know that one day busylizzy and I would be doing the same thing.
The newlyweds were very kind and friendly folks but only had eyes for each other and let us 'workers' alone most of the time. It was a few years later that the husband passed away and his wife sold the house and moved into a condo. She remained my customer and we are like long lost friends every time we meet. She never did re-marry but gave her life to working for a para church organisation. She is still at it, although only part time these days.

No comments: