Wednesday, June 30, 2010

1000 Posts


Today I reach a milestone in my blog, post number 1000. It has been a little more than 2 1/2 years since I started 'terryography' so that means that I have been averaging more than a post a day. Because I can 'post date' the posts, I am able to write a whole whack of them at once and then have them publish the day I want them to. I have had as many as 12 in the wings, awaiting the day of publishing, so I do not really have to take time every day to write a post. I can write them and lay them out quite quickly now with all the experience so they are like brushing my teeth every day, something necessary but not that time consuming. 
Somebody asked me a few weeks ago when I was going to write my book. I found a site on the Internet that will publish my blog, for  a small fee and send it to me in a beautifully bound coffee table book. If I did that, I would have a book of more than a thousand pages because some of my posts are quite long. If I edited out all the 'garbage posts' and the time sensitive posts, I would probably have at least 300 pages and there would be my book. My childhood stories and my "Painting to Learn" stories alone would fill a volume. So, you might say that I have written my book. I just have to edit it.   

No comments: