Friday, June 25, 2010

Hidden Away

A few days ago we did a small job in Glenn Valley and we took 56th Ave, the scenic route. It had been a while since I had been down this road and I was delighted to see this little display put up by one of those farmers who has plenty of money and time. The home we worked in was at the end of a very long, steep driveway and I took a video of us going up and then after, going down. I will have to work out a way that I can display the video on this blog. A little old lady lives in the dense forest at the top of the drive, all by herself, surrounded by 20 acres of wildlife and trees and there is not a neighbour in sight. She is selling it this summer and needed a bit of an up-grade so we hung some wallpaper in her bathroom that she had purchased 15 years ago. :) The house is west coast design with 7 or 8 levels, tall and narrow, with vaulted ceilings, narrow stairwells, and all clad in dark rough cedar in the interior and the exterior. I am thinking that if somebody buys her home it will be for the property and not the house although I am sure it was very nice in the day when such architecture was popular. We were surprised at how warm the day  was when we exited the dense forest at the bottom of her driveway.  

No comments: