Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bits and Pieces


I continue to struggle with Blogger. I am tempted to move my blogging experience to another provider. The photo up loader is glitched and I have tried every piece of advice I could find on the Internet. It is a struggle to post and has taken the fun  out of the experience.

This week I finally got payment for that job I referred to several times, almost a year in a holding pattern.

I did a barter job this week in exchange for the crown mouldings that we so greatly admire in our main living area. It doesn't pay the bills but it gets things done. It was small job as jobs go and I had not done a barter job for many, many years.

We purchased and installed a new light fixture in our front entry this week. Nice.  

I see the markets are dropping like a rock. It was just a matter of time. The markets rallied after the great depression too, and then fell hard and fast and ushered in the 'dirty thirties'. This all coming when the cost of living is going up daily due to inflation. 

There is talk of an election in Canada, again. This is like a threat being held over our heads, like we care. The Liberals are focusing on side issues and trying to create scandals where there are none. The Conservatives have a big ace up their sleeves, the economy. It has held up relatively well during the 'Great Correction' and we are now apparently paying down the deficit faster than fore casted. They have created an economic environment where we have done so much better than the USA. 

I see the US Congressional hearings on Terrorism are being scorned by Muslims. Of course they are. They (Muslims) do not want their dirty little secrets exposed, that the radicals are recruiting in America. There is such concern that all Muslims are not being painted with the same brush, that the hearings may shut down before they even start. Homeland Security will then simply get back to hassling little old ladies at the airports in order to appear to be doing something about terrorism. There are no guts left in the American leaders. It is all about not offending anybody so they get votes and stay in power and suck out of the trough as long as they can.

On that positive and friendly note, I will leave you for today and tackle a happy task. Tax prep. Shudder!  

No comments: