Thursday, March 24, 2011

Human Interest

Fishing on the Chilliwack River

We finished a very nice job today and I can't help thinking what a great human interest story our whole experience made. The story started a year ago, continued tragically last fall, and ended this week with a very happy note. I am not yet far enough removed from the situation to have the freedom to tell the story, but it is worthy to put into the collection of experiences I have been gathering for many years now. I have learned once again that when we see adversity and sorrow, we do not see the whole story, nor do we often see beyond the immediate despair and heartache which can be very short-lived. A final chapter will be written soon and then I can put my thoughts together for another story that shows what an interesting thing it can be to get involved in people's lives. 
For now, let it be said that I have made new friends and the feeling seems to be mutual.
On occasion we get tips, never expected but always greatly appreciated. It is an indication that someone really appreciates what you did for them and it is a universal way of saying thank you in a way that always fits. I have written stories about tips in the past and now I have another one to add to the collection. I do not ever remember giving a $90 tip but I got one today. And yes, the two stories are connected.    

No comments: