Wednesday, October 26, 2011

At The Cellular Level

All this new technology is driving me nuts. I could have said "No" but the offer was too good to turn down. I have had my LG cell phone for three years and I still am not able to text with it nor download photos. I have never been on the Internet with it and have just used it as a business phone. I got  a call from my service provider wanting to sell me data packages etc. etc. etc. Not interested. Then they offered me a free up-grade as well as grandfathering my very old and very economical plan if I signed on for another three years. I have never been dissatisfied with the network and actually find that it works rather well. I have no plans to change providers so a free phone was a no brainer. I am now the proud (?) owner of a Samsung C414 flip phone. I struggled all evening getting the settings right and trying to figure out how to get my SIM card out of the old phone and into the new one.
Like all new 'stuff', there is a learning curve. I just hope I do not miss any important calls because I have the phone on silent mode by mistake, or have the darn thing play Beethoven's 5th in the middle of church because I thought I had it on silent mode. No guarantees though because I have already taken a goofy photo by mistake. Good thing I do not know how to download it to this blog. It is not very flattering.   

No comments: