Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Spice of Life

Vineyards and Estate Wineries - new to our valley.

I have had a lot of variety in my work this past week and it reminds me of why I like my business so much. My clients this week were: a retired Japanese teacher who never married because she dedicated most of her life to caring for her aging parents, a dairy farmer who has siblings farming is the same community as my cousins in Saskatchewan, a dentist whose office is empty for a few weeks while he and his wife are golfing in Palm Springs, and a wealthy businessman who lives a half block from the dentist and is also in Palm Springs with his wife, golfing for a few weeks. I even popped in on a Supreme Court judge's wife who got us to do some prep work for an upcoming contract. Next week brings us to a retired banker's home and also to do a small job for one of busylizzy's clients. After that, it will get repetitive as we are starting a rather large project in a home we have completely re-decorated once before. Probably, our only break from there will be to complete the banquet hall wallpaper we started last week. I think that going to the same job in the same place day after day would really mess me up. I need a constant flow of new people and new challenges to keep me from mortal boredom.  

No comments: