Thursday, October 27, 2011

Give Me a Break

North Townline Road at sunrise.

The morning air is telling us something. Today I was hoping it would be a bit warmer because we were working in a new, unheated building. It was 10C in there when we set up our tools, and we could see our breath. The space is so large and ceiling so high that the little space heater we brought did not budge the temperature even after our four hours there was up. My hands were numb because they had to be in water a lot, and when I got home, I held my cup of coffee close, just to warm up.
After lunch I ate a handful of trail mix to fill the tiny gap that was left after the soup and sandwich, and almost broke my tooth on what I thought was a rock. I have had raisins before that had grit in them, and so I thought that is what it was once again. I spit it out into the waste basket beside my desk. A while later, I happened to notice my tongue catch a sharp spot on my back tooth and discovered that it was broken. (Not my tongue, silly) I immediately dug through the garbage can that fortunately, I had just emptied a day ago. I found the 'rock' and after close examination, saw that it was a piece of tooth enamel about the size of a grain of rice, with a bit of filling attached. I phoned my dentist and am scheduled for a repair in the morning. There goes my weeks earnings.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Been there done that.