Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tooth Decay


I went for my six month dental check-up on Monday and was surprised to hear that my dentist, not the usual hygienist, was going to clean my teeth. Are dentists falling on hard times and doing the grunt work now too?
I have had the hands and the tools of many hygienists in my mouth over the years and I must say that I got the most thorough cleaning I have ever had. Goes to show that when you have talent in an area, you move on to better things. 
Then came the check-up. I have been slated for my last two crowns for the last 2 years but have been postponing them. They are over $1000.00 each and with work slow, and my teeth not bothering me at all, I have put the crowns on the back burner. But what's this? I now have three cavities! With all the work I have had done on my mouth in the last 5 years, and the flossing and brushing I do religiously twice a day, I thought I was done with cavities.
I had no work for Tuesday and booked the work for the following morning. (getting an appointment that soon must mean things are slow at the office for sure) 
Two tiny fillings not even requiring freezing and one larger one that involved a failed silver amalgam got done in 45 minutes and I was out $1000.00 for the two appointments. Somebody is making too much money and maybe that is why things are slow at the office.  

No comments: