Monday, October 31, 2011

Lingering


I just love walking in the Fall. I am the guy with the Nikon and the camera bag hanging off my shoulder. Today I had a fellow stop and look over my shoulder to see what was so interesting that I was focusing and composing a photograph. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away. He obviously did not see nor did he appreciate that there is beauty all around and it is in the eye of the beholder.  These two photos are not great at all but simply represent our walk last Sunday. Each day that goes by brings more intensity in the colours, but also brings fewer leaves. I already mourn their loss. What follows is drab, colourless gray for the next few months. The red and orange foliage will decay and bring nutrients to next years growth. As in other years, I will continue to post Autumn photos well into winter. It is a little like lingering over a cup of coffee after a wonderful meal with your best friends.

1 comment:

Gaye said...

Exquisite!